DPS909 FINAL BLOG POST

During my 5th term on BSD program in Seneca College I had a chance to take a professional elective course and after talking to my friend who works in Google about the list of electives Seneca proposes he advised me to take an open source course because open source knowledge is critically important in the industry.

During DPS909 I gained lots of knowledge and experience in GitHub and how the git works. I am 100% sure that communicating with the open source community will help me in my future workplaces, because any of us must have such soft skills.

Moreover, in the second part of the course, I become a repository maintainer for one of the internal projects - Seneca Blackboard Extension, and this maintainer experience gave me a chance to feel myself not only as a contributor, but as a maintainer as well.

Speaking about what I personally liked about DPS909 it is important to mention that we had a freedom, we could choose any project we want to work on and there were almost no limits, such approach gives students the ability to gain personalized experience on GitHub and in the community.

Thank you, David, for teaching! See you in DPS911 next term!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release 0.4 - PR3

Release 0.3 - PR2

Release 0.4 - PR2