Hacktoberfest Part #1 (1st PR of release 0.2 and lab 3)

It is a beginning of Hacktoberfest in the world...and DPS909  release 0.2 in Seneca College! :)

Hacktoberfest is a worldwide fest that motivates open source programmers to boost up their skills in the community of contributors. This month-long open source fest is going on in partnership with GitHub. Moreover when you reach 5 pull requests you will be able to get a branded T-shirt!

In Seneca College we celebrate it as well during our DPS909 course and release 0.2! (As well, first PR of release 0.2 is a Lab 3)

Pull Request #1 (Lab 3)

After researching different Hacktoberfest's open source projects on GitHub I decided to take something easy for the first PR. I have found the repository where the owner asked to add a hello world code in any programming language that I know.


After looking through the repository I have found out that there are no Pascal code and I created the comment in the issue that I will take it:
After completing the code I created the pull request.

But owner of repository merged the pascal code that was created by other contributor after my pull request, then owner marked my code as "duplicate" and "invalid".




I found out this very weird and asked the owned in comments to my pull request why he did it, but unfortunately haven't received any response.

I hope this situation will teach everybody who enters the open source community to be careful and choose projects that at least seems to be good managed and trusted.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release 0.4 - PR3

Release 0.3 - PR2

Release 0.4 - PR2